Corporate Customer Gift Card Ordering Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to all Gift Card Orders made by corporate customers with Australian Booksellers Assn trading as BookPeople
We recommend that you read this document carefully before requesting a quotation or placing an Order for Gift Cards with us. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact BookPeople at email@example.com.
- Company Registration
- You must first register your business with BookPeople Corporate Sales Gift Card Services prior to placing an Order.
- To register, complete the registration process at bookpeoplecorporategiftcards.org.au
- BookPeople may in its absolute discretion approve or reject or terminate any registration application for any reason.
- If your registration is approved, you will receive login details via e-mail consisting of a username and a temporary password to enable you to login to BookPeople Corporate Sales Gift Card Service and confirm your registration.
- You must keep your login details secure. Any Order placed using your login will be deemed to be a valid and authorised Order.
- Placement of an Order with BookPeople by you is an irrevocable offer by you to purchase the Gift Cards you have specified in the Order. To place an order, you must be a registered BookPeople Corporate Sales Gift Card Service customer, login to the service at bookpeoplecorporategiftcards.org.au, complete and submit an Order.
- BookPeople is not obligated to accept your Order and we may accept or reject your Order for any reason.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the contract with BookPeople for the ordering and purchase of Gift Cards specified in your Order only becomes binding on BookPeople once we have accepted your Order and receipt of your payment for the Gift Cards in full has been confirmed. You will receive a Gift Card Order Statement as acceptance of your order from BookPeople
- You will receive a tax invoice(s) from BookPeople for the Order. Unless otherwise agreed, receipt by BookPeople of payment from you in full is required prior to Gift Cards being approved for production, released and/or activated.
- Orders must be complete and submitted to BookPeople Corporate Sales before 12.00pm AEST. Orders received after this time will be deemed received the next business day. In the instance of an order being received after 12.00pm on a Business Day prior to a public holiday or weekend the order will be processed the next business day after the public holiday or weekend.
- Payment of the Purchase Price is by direct deposit. Credit card MasterCard or Visa payments can be made by calling the office on 03 9859 7322 during business hours a card processing fee may apply. In some circumstances BookPeople will also invoice customers with 30 day terms.
- Payment of the total Purchase Price must be made in full and cleared funds before the Gift Cards are dispatched.
- Delivery of Mailed Gift cards
Gift Cards will be dispatched to your nominated delivery address as specified in your Order. Delivery may take up to 10 Business Days from the date of payment confirmation
- Delivery Requirements
- Delivery Charges
- Delivery of emailed Gift cards
Gift Cards will be emailed to your nominated email address as specified in your Order. Delivery may take up to 4 hours from the time of payment confirmation.
- Delivery Requirements
- Delivery Charges
The following apply to these Terms and Conditions.
"Business Day" means days that are Monday to Friday excluding Victorian and National public holidays.
"Corporations Act" means the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
"Customer" means any person who purchases, or seeks to purchase, a Gift Card from You as an Approved Reseller pursuant to clauses 7(d) and 8 of these Terms and Conditions.
"Delivery Address" means the address to which the Gift Cards are to be delivered as stated on the Order.
"Gift Card" means BookPeople gift card that you have purchased or received
"GST" means the goods and services taxation regime instituted pursuant to the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (as amended) and any related Commonwealth Acts, regulations, determinations and rulings associated with or made under any of those Acts.
"BookPeople" means Australian Booksellers Assn ABN 56 365 379 358 of 9/828 High St Kew East 3102.
"BookPeople Confidential Information" means all information that is treated or designated by BookPeople as confidential, which is generally not known by non-BookPeople personnel or which should be reasonably regarded in all the circumstances as confidential.
"Order" means an order by you to purchase Gift Cards from us.
"Personal Information" includes, but not limited to your name, Delivery Address and payment details.
"Purchase Price" means the price quoted by BookPeople for an Order.
"Quotation" means a quotation issued by us.
"You" means the purchaser of any Gift Cards from us and who places an Order via our Corporate Customer channels.
Gift Cards are only available for delivery in Australia and will not be delivered to a PO Box Address or Locked Bag. An adult must be available to sign for the Gift Cards on delivery. Anyone at the Delivery Address who receives the Gift Cards shall be presumed to be authorised to receive the Gift Cards on your behalf. If no one of the appropriate age is at the Delivery Address to receive the Gift Cards (or the person is unable or unwilling to provide appropriate proof of age acceptable to us), the Gift Cards will not be delivered, and you may incur additional delivery fees. Acceptance by you of the Gift Cards shall be evidence that the Order was delivered in full and in good condition, unless at the time of delivery you notify us within 24 hours of receipt that there is an error or discrepancy in the delivery docket.
The delivery fees will be specified on the Order. The delivery fee is $9.95 per delivery address specified on the Order. Delivery fees quoted are GST inclusive. It is your responsibility to give us prior notice of any unusual delivery circumstances. If we have been unable to deliver the Gift Cards due to changes in delivery instructions or circumstances not notified to us at the time of placing the Order you may incur an additional delivery fee.
The recipient will receive an email from BookPeople’s service provider with a link to access the eGift Gift Card. The person who receives the Gift Card(s) sent to your nominated address shall be presumed to be authorised to receive the Gift Card(s) on your behalf.
No delivery fee will apply where Gift Cards are delivered by email.
- Mailed Orders must be activated prior to the Gift Cards being ready for use. Emailed Orders do not require activation.
- Physical Gift Cards, ordered through the BookPeople Corporate Portal, are sent inactive. Once you have received your physical gift cards, please contact BookPeople on 03 9859 7322 during business hours to activate your gift cards.
- Subject to clause7(c), You may use Gift Cards purchased through the BookPeople Corporate Sales Gift Card Service for:
- Reward and recognition program(s);
- Loyalty and customer programs;
- Consumer and trade promotions;
- Incentive programs;
- Programs operated by you and your organisation as a third party service provider for business, marketing and program services on behalf of corporations and businesses in Australia;
- Charity and fundraising programs;
- Prizes and Gifts; and
- Emergency and social relief.
For clarity, any use of Gift Cards pursuant to this clause 7(b) shall not constitute onselling or reselling of a Gift Card where the provision of the Gift Card to staff, team members or third parties does not involve You accepting any form of payment or compensation for the Gift Cards.
- You must seek our written approval for any use of Gift Cards purchased through the BookPeople Corporate Sales Gift Card Service which is not a use that is permitted under clause 7(b).
- We supply Gift Cards to You on condition that You (or Your related or associated persons) do not engage in the Resale of Gift Cards purchased through the BookPeople Corporate Sales Gift Card Service to any person without our prior written approval. In this clause 7(d), "Resale" or "Reselling" includes onselling or reselling or resupplying the Gift Cards in return for payment or consideration or other financial reward (except the redemption of rewards or loyalty points pursuant to clauses 7(b)(i) to (ii)). If we approve you to engage in Reselling, You will be an "Approved Reseller" under these Terms and Conditions.
- Any approval of You as a Reseller of Gift Cards will be non-exclusive pursuant to clause 7(d) of these Terms and Conditions.
- If you are approved by BookPeople as an Approved Reseller of Gift Cards you do not act as agent for BookPeople nor do you act as a ‘representative’ of BookPeople as that term is defined in section 910A of the Corporations Act.
- If you are approved by BookPeople as an Approved Reseller, you must:
- only engage in the Resale of Gift Cards in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws;
- hold all authorisations necessary for you to perform your obligations under these Terms and Conditions and produce evidence of those authorisations to BookPeople if and when requested by BookPeople;
- clearly and prominently state the full cash price for the Gift Card in all marketing material provided to Customers;
- represent the nature and features of the Gift Cards accurately and not in a misleading manner;
- only provide factual information about the Gift Cards to Customers in any promotional and marketing materials; and
- only promote or market the Gift Cards as gift products.
- not do anything that would cause BookPeople to be in breach of any other law when performing your obligations under these Terms and Conditions;
- comply with all applicable laws to which you are subject in relation to these Terms and Conditions including without limitation the Corporations Act, the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (including the Australian Consumer Law) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); and
- provide all reasonable assistance to, and comply with all reasonable requests of, BookPeople in relation to the Resale by You of the Gift Cards.
- BookPeople (including its agent or contractor) has the right to audit your books and records to ensure compliance by you of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions subject to compliance with applicable laws your reasonable requirements in relation to confidentiality, security and business disruption.
- At BookPeople's request, an Approved Reseller must provide to BookPeople information which enables BookPeople to confirm, to its satisfaction acting reasonably, that the Approved Reseller is complying with the terms of BookPeople's approval of it as a Reseller and these Terms and Conditions.
- You will provide all reasonable assistance and co-operation to BookPeople (or its agent or contractor) with respect to any audit undertaken by BookPeople pursuant to this clause including providing access to all documents, materials and information reasonably requested by BookPeople.
- We may, in our absolute discretion, agree to offer a discount on the face value price of Gift Cards and/or any applicable issuance fee(s) payable by you for Gift Cards contained within an Order and may place any conditions or restrictions on you in consideration for the discount (such as minimum Orders, forecast Orders, method of payment).
- The discount provided by BookPeople will only be valid for purchases of Gift Cards made through BookPeople Corporate Sales using your login at bookpeoplecororategiftcards.org.au or contacting BookPeople at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BookPeople reserves the right to withdraw or decrease any such discount.
- GST will not apply to the sale of a Gift Card, specifically the face value/loaded amount.
- prior to payment being cleared, at no additional cost, or
- prior to activation of the Order, in which case cancellation charges may apply.
- You may not cancel part of an Order.
- BookPeople reserves the right to cancel an Order if it is:
- Not paid for in full within 30 days of the Order date;
- Not accepted at the nominated delivery address within 30 days of the dispatch date; or
- Deemed by BookPeople to be fraudulent or possibly fraudulent.
- We will refund all money received from you (less any applicable fees and charges) in the form of a cheque or direct debit for all approved cancellations. After an Order is cancelled the gift cards can no longer be used and should be destroyed. To discuss the cancellation of an Order, contact BookPeople at email@example.com
- Risk and title in the Gift Cards passes to you upon valid delivery of the Gift Cards to your nominated Delivery Address.
- Our Privacy and Security Notice explains how we handle the personal information that we may collect from you with respect to Gift Cards or your Order. If you do not have a copy and are unable to access the notice online at www.bookpeoplecororategiftcards.org.au please email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy.
- By submitting an Order you are deemed to have read this document in its entirety and understand and agree to be bound by its terms in respect of each Order.
- You acknowledge that we are entitled to assume that any person purporting to have the authority to bind you to an Order has the authority they claim.
- If you are a Trustee, then you and your director(s) warrant that you and they have the authority and power to enter into this agreement, that the trust assets are sufficient to satisfy any liability to us and that they personally guarantee the performance of all of the trust’s obligations under this agreement.
- You warrant and represent to us that:
- none of the Gift Cards purchased are for domestic use;
- you have the authority to agree to these terms and conditions and place an Order;
- you are in good standing and validly existing under Australian law;
- no proceedings for bankruptcy or administration have been filed or threatened and no administrator has been appointed; and
- you will not compete with us.
- You must obtain our prior written approval on each occasion you propose to use any or all of BookPeople’s Intellectual Property by using a Marketing Approval Brief Form which may be obtained from email@example.com. Submission of a marketing approval brief to BookPeople does not guarantee automatic approval to use trademarks, images or references in any promotion
- If we approve your use of BookPeople’s intellectual property, you must clearly state that in the program or promotion that you are operating which may incorporate Gift Cards that "BookPeople is not the promoter" or such equivalent statement and the terms and conditions associated with any program utilising Gift Cards must clearly stipulate that the program, including the distribution of the Gift Cards, is managed by you (as the "promoter") and is in no way supported or endorsed by BookPeople.
- You agree to withdraw or amend any material that uses or incorporates BookPeople’s intellectual property notwithstanding that we may have provided our consent to such use.
- Neither you nor your related bodies corporate or associates will not alter or claim any ownership rights in BookPeople’s Intellectual Property and will not use or register or attempt to use or register any intellectual property that is the same or similar to BookPeople’s intellectual property.
- BookPeople has the rights in registered and unregistered trade marks, other marks, devices and images, which are protected by law. Except as expressly authorised in writing by a portfolio member or us the use of any of the trade marks is strictly prohibited. Neither registration of your company or placement of an Order through the BookPeople Corporate Sales Gift Card Service authorises you to utilise the trade marks.
- You agree to keep all BookPeople Confidential Information confidential and to only use and copy BookPeople Confidential Information to the extent necessary to carry out your rights and obligations under the Terms and Conditions.
- Your obligations of confidentiality under these Terms and Conditions do not apply to information that is (i) independently developed or known by you; (ii) public knowledge otherwise than as a result of a breach of these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) required to be disclosed or retained by law or legally binding order of a court or other body or by a stock exchange or regulator.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we and our affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, will not be liable to you for any loss including special, punitive or other losses, or damage, liabilities, claims or expenses (including legal costs) (whether direct, indirect or consequential) howsoever caused, nor will we be in default under these Terms and Conditions, arising out of, or in any way related to, for failure to observe or perform any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions for any reason or cause except if caused by our gross negligence. To the extent permitted by law, if we are liable to you, our maximum aggregate liability to you is limited to the Purchase Price of the Order to which such liability relates.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BookPeople and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents (each an "Indemnified Party") from and against all loss resulting from or arising out of:
- any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if the warranties are or become untrue;
- any negligence or wilful misconduct by you or your agents, representatives or employees in connection with the Terms and Conditions;
- any false or misleading or deceptive representation by you or your agents, representatives or employees in connection with your obligations under the Terms and Conditions; or
- any breach of applicable law,except to the extent that those losses result from any act or omission of an Indemnified Party.
- These Terms and Conditions are to be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. Any dispute in connection these terms and conditions is exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia (including the Federal Court of Australia, Victoria Registry).
- We reserve the right to suspend the fulfilment of any Orders for the duration of any events beyond our control.
- You may not assign, transfer or deal with any of its rights in this agreement including to any successor in business. If you undergo a change in control or ownership we reserve the right to cancel any outstanding Orders and refuse any subsequent Orders.
- We may assign its rights under this agreement.
- We reserve the right from time to time to vary, by notice in writing to you, the Terms and Conditions, Quotation amounts, or other matter in connection with any Order.